Thank you for choosing ESS for your training
ESS is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO Code 52257) committed to providing high quality nationally recognised training and customised learning solutions to clients.
Our goal is to ensure, that we provide the best opportunity for you to achieve the course requirements, that your time with us is productive and that your safety and health is protected.
ESS complies with Commonwealth, State/Territory legislation and regulatory requirements relevant to its operations relating to:
- VET Quality Framework
- Work Health and Safety
- Confidentiality and Privacy
WHAT TO BRING TO THE COURSE
You must provide a Unique Student Identifier (USI) when enrolling in nationally recognised training. The USI is verified by ESS and on successfully completing the course assessment requirements, you will receive the relevant certification. Certification cannot be issued without a USI.
For further information and to create a USI, please log onto the website.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required for most courses. You will be advised of the required PPE before the start of the course.
If you are undertaking a course and PPE is required you must comply with the use of this PPE during the course.
REGISTRATION AND ENROLMENT
To attend a course, a course enrolment form must be completed by or for each individual attending the course.
Confirmation of enrolment and pre-course requirements will be sent to whoever submitted the enrolment.
COURSE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Many courses have entry requirements. These are included in the course outline, which is available on this website or phone 08 9209 3833.
You must provide evidence of meeting the entry requirements when enrolling in the course.
If you are undertaking nationally recognised training you will be required to complete a course enrolment form at the start of the course. The information collected on this form is a requirement for all RTO’s. This information is recorded in the ESS student management system and reported to the Australian Vocational Education and Training Management Information Statistical Standard (AVETMISS).
Mitigating circumstances that warrant the waiving of collecting the information are individually judged on merit and any reconsideration will be at the full discretion of ESS.
SPECIAL LEARNING NEEDS
Where practicable any special learning needs, that you may have will be identified before the start of the course.
If special learning needs are identified during the course, ESS will discuss these needs with you, and, if applicable your employer to determine the best way to address these needs.
If you have special learning needs that cannot be accommodated you will be treated with respect and dignity.
FEES AND CHARGES
You must confirm your course enrolment with payment in full before the course start date unless alternative arrangements have been agreed to by ESS. Please refer to the individual course outline, which is available on this website or phone 08 9209 3833.
The fees for a funded qualification course are available on the relevant qualification course page on this website.
COURSE FEE REFUNDS AND CANCELLATION
If you cancel or withdraw from a course you must do this in writing.
Cancellation from a course will attract a fee. This fee will depend on the number of days’ notice you provide before the course start date.
Should you fail to attend or complete the full course that you are enrolled in, no refund will be given. If you are withdrawn from the course for disciplinary reasons, no refund will be provided.
If a course is cancelled by ESS and payment is received before the start of the course, you will be fully refunded. However, ESS will not be liable for any other claims arising from the course cancellation.
ESS reserves the right to cancel a course, or the availability of a course by providing reasonable notice.
For detailed information, you can refer to our Course Fee Refunds and Cancellation Policy
Click here for our Course Fee Refunds and Cancellation Policy
COMMUNICATION WITH STUDENTS
The preferred method of communication is via email or mobile phone. It is important to keep ESS updated with your current email address and mobile phone number for the duration of your enrolment.
ESS collects personal information from you during your enrolment, and if applicable your ongoing training.
ESS will ensure that all personal information held is relevant, accurate and stored securely with restricted access.
When the course is paid by your employer and it is a requirement of your employment, ESS provides your employer with a copy of your attendance and assessment results at the completion of the course. Your employer also has access to your course attendance and assessment results via the Student Management System Employer Portal.
You can access your personal information upon request. Access by a third party will only be granted when you have completed a consent form and ID of the requesting party has been confirmed.
ACCESS AND EQUITY
You, like all participants, have equitable access to vocational education and training opportunities and participation in training to achieve suitable outcomes.
Training is designed and delivered based on fair treatment to all participants.
If you require assistance, ESS will engage in discussions with you, and if applicable your employer to determine the most appropriate action to ensure you can complete the course.
Click here for our Access and Equity Policy
LANGUAGE, LITERACY & NUMERACY
Where necessary and practicable your language, literacy and numeracy needs will be assessed before enrolment.
You must be able to read, write and communicate in the English language to a level that would ensure safe operation in an Australian workplace and meet the needs of your employer.
ESS makes provisions for language, literacy and numeracy assistance by participating in discussions with you, and if applicable your employer or referring you to the appropriate service.
If you are undertaking a course that is not nationally recognised you may or may not be assessed and at the completion of the course you will receive a certificate of completion.
If you are undertaking a course that is nationally recognised you will be assessed during the course, while on-the-job and depending on the course a final capstone assessment may also be conducted. The relevant certification will be issued to you upon successful completion of the course assessment requirements, in accordance with the AQF Framework and Standards for RTOs 2015.
POST COURSE ASSESSMENT/EVIDENCE SUBMISSION
All assessments and evidence must be your own work and be signed by you. You must ensure that you keep a copy of your assessments and evidence prior to submission, as ESS takes no responsibility for assessments/evidence being lost in the post.
You are encouraged to submit assessment work and evidence in electronic format via email or if applicable the ESS Student Management System Student Portal. You can also submit assessment work and evidence in hard copy format.
ESS endeavours to provide you with your assessment outcome within 20 working days. Your employer and/or yourself will be notified of the outcome by email, or if applicable via the ESS Student Management System Employer Portal or Student Portal.
If further evidence or re-submission is required, you should respond to the request as soon as possible. Turnaround times may be affected due to the delay in ESS receiving this information.
ESS cannot guarantee that you will achieve a successful outcome, however, ESS will make reasonable efforts to assist you in achieving the outcomes of the course.
ESS is committed to upholding high standards of integrity and honesty. Plagiarism and cheating in any form are unacceptable and will be acted upon immediately.
ESS, where applicable, will make provisions for reasonable adjustment on the assessment process, by adjusting or changing the assessment to meet the needs and characteristics of the participant being assessed. Any equity requirements, impact on the organisation and the need to maintain the integrity of the outcome is also considered.
Skills recognition can be granted through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) or Credit Transfer.
You can apply for skills recognition for the course in which you have enrolled, where you consider you already have the skills and knowledge that you could achieve if you attended the course.
ESS will offer you the opportunity to discuss skills recognition before enroling in or after enrolling in the course (where applicable for the course).
Click here for our Skills Recognition Information Guide or Contact us on 08 9209 3833.
ESS will issue you the relevant certification under the Australian Qualification Framework (AQF) if you have been assessed as meeting the requirements of nationally recognised training.
The AQF certification (qualification or statement of attainment) will be issued to you within 20 working days of you being assessed as meeting the requirements of the full course. This time-frame is subject to your USI being provided and verified and payment of the course fee.
ESS will retain and make accessible your records of AQF certification issued for a period of 30 years.
If you require the re-issue of a certificate, you must request this in writing. Your request must be accompanied by a non-refundable fee of $35.00 for a certificate of completion or statement of attainment and $55.00 for a qualification certificate.
To ensure you receive equal opportunities and gain the maximum from the course, strict requirements apply when you are participating in any of our courses. If you display fitness for work issues, dysfunctional or disruptive behaviour, you may be asked to leave the course.
ESS reserves the right to counsel, suspend or exclude you from the course if you do not adhere to acceptable standards of behaviour, at any stage of your course.
Reasons for exclusion may include:
- Continuous interruptions to the trainer whilst delivering the course content
- Being disrespectful of ESS staff and other participants
- Harassment by using offensive language
- Sexual harassment
- Bullying other participants
- Not complying with the required health and safety requirements
- Acting in an unsafe manner that places themselves and/or others at risk
- Smoking in non-smoking areas
- Not following reasonable instructions given by the trainer
- Refusing to participate when required in group activities
- Continued absence at required times
- Being under the influence of legal or illegal substances that could affect their safety or the safety of others
- Refusing to complete assessment requirements
- Not adhering to course requirements
If you are enrolled in a course, that is paid for by your employer, the employer will be contacted and advised that you have been excluded from the course with the reason for the action.
If you are asked to leave a course, you have the right to appeal through our Appeal procedure.
All complaints are taken seriously and every attempt is made to resolve the issue as soon as possible.
Verbal complaints are discussed with the applicable party and an attempt made to resolve the complaint at the time. Complaints may be verbal or in written form.
Formal complaints must be made using the ESS ‘Client Complaints’ procedure.
Click here for our Client Complaints Policy
If you are dissatisfied with the outcome of an assessment or disciplinary action, you have the right to appeal.
In the first instance, you are encouraged to seek a review of the assessment outcome or disciplinary action and if you are still dissatisfied you may lodge a formal appeal.
All appeals must be lodged using the ESS Appeal Form.
Click here for our Appeals Policy
ESS constantly seeks feedback for the services and products we deliver. You can assist us by completing the course evaluation form after your course.
ESS will monitor course participant feedback and initiate action to ensure that any improvements are identified and implemented.
YOUR RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We expect you to:
- Be respectful, courteous, honest, co-operative and prompt in your dealings with us.
- Act within the law and comply with ESS requirements and instructions.
- Behave in an ethical and honest manner and not engage in any form of academic misconduct.
- Work with us to maintain an atmosphere and physical environment that encourages learning by treating other students, staff and the ESS facilities with respect and consideration.
- Advice ESS at enrolment of any support you may need during your course.
- Behave in a way that does not impact on the ability of others to learn, or feel safe in their learning environment.
- Not smoke or be under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs when in training or when undertaking any learning-related activities.
- Behave in a way that maintains a clean and attractive environment for other students, staff and visitors.
- Not damage any plant, equipment or tools.
- Use computers responsibly and comply with computer use policies.
- Make sure you notify ESS of any change of contact details.
- Respect the privacy of others including not digitally recording any class or training activities without first seeking the permission of staff and fellow students.
- Ensure our dealings with you are respectful, prompt, efficient, ethical and courteous.
- Treat you as a partner in your learning.
- Treat you equally regardless of gender, marital status, pregnancy, family responsibility or family status, sexual orientation, race, religious or political conviction, impairment or age.
- Ensure those with a disability have the same opportunity of access to training as all students by providing support and mobility access.
- Provide a safe and healthy learning environment.
- Provide an environment in which energy and resources are conserved.
- Create an atmosphere that encourages learning and that is free from harassment or discrimination.
- Comply with the Privacy Act to safeguard the information you give us.
- Provide opportunities for flexible learning by fostering partnerships with industry and offering courses in different ways.
- Ensure our staff are appropriately skilled and committed to fulfilling our mission to deliver practical relevant courses in a supportive learning environment.
- Provide you with up-to-date and relevant resources.